What Is The Difference Between Standard & Premium IOLs?
Premium IOLs are a type of intraocular lens used not only to replace the eyes lens following cataract removal but also to correct astigmatisms, near- and farsightedness and presbyopia.While basic IOLs improve the quality of your vision, glasses or contact lenses will be needed down the line. With Advanced Technology IOLs, patients greatly reduce dependency on glasses or contact lenses and experience a lifetime of clear vision.
Are Premium IOLs Right For Me?
If you answer “Yes” to any of these questions, you may be a candidate for premium intraocular lenses. Schedule a consultation
- Are you nearsighted, farsighted, or do you have an astigmatism?
- Do you want to greatly reduce dependency on glasses or contact lenses?
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there multiple types of intraocular lenses?
Yes! There are types of IOLs available for patients seeking this treatment option. Each IOL type corrects vision in a unique manner, targeting certain pre-existing visual conditions. Florida Vision Institute offers the following:
- Monofocal IOL: Assists patients in distance activities and helps lessen the dependent on glasses.
- Advanced Technology IOLs (AT IOLs): Provides less dependence at all distances and offer greater freedom from eyewear than basic monofocal IOLs.
- Toric (or Astigmatic) IOLs: Reduces or eliminates corneal astigmatism while greatly improving distance vision in patients.
- Accommodating (Crystalens) IOL: Corrects vision by changing focus as the patient views objects at varying distances.
How long does the initial consultation take?
About 2 hours, including the diagnostic procedures.
Can both of my eyes be treated with IOLs during one procedure?
Ophthalmologists will only treat one eye at a time. An average time between surgeries is usually two weeks, but that may depend upon the individual patient and doctor.
How long does surgery take?
Typically, cataract surgery will take approximately 10 minutes. You should experience no pain before, during, or after your surgery.